Application modernization is the refactoring, re-purposing or consolidation of legacy software programming to align it more closely with current business needs.
We at Intensity, help transform legacy applications to achieve high performance. CIOs and IT departments have never been under greater pressure to do more with less other than this case. Application Modernization offering allows IT to strip out unnecessary operating costs while reducing capital spend and freeing IT staff to create value for the business.
With 70 percent of the typical organization's global transactions running on legacy applications, doing more with less is no easy feat. We can help address whether to migrate, re-platform or remediate legacy applications.
Keeping legacy applications running smoothly can be a time-consuming, resource-intensive process, especially when the software becomes so outdated that it becomes incompatible with newer versions of the underlying operating system (OS) or system hardware.Thus, the objective of an application modernization project is to create new business value from existing applications.
IGTPL application modernization transforms legacy applications to achieve high performance. Senior technology executives must constantly perform a balancing act: satisfying the evolving demands of the business while getting the most out of their companies' existing IT systems. With 70 percent of the typical organization's global transactions running on legacy applications, doing more with less, is no easy feat.
IGTPL's Application Modernization offering allows IT to strip out unnecessary operating costs while reducing capital spend and freeing IT staff to create value for the business. We can help address whether to migrate, replatform or remediate legacy applications. The outcome: added value from existing applications with reduced costs, limited business disruption and decreased risk.
IGTPL's application modernization services help companies get the most value from their existing applications over the long term. Our services include:
1. Discovery and application health assessment: Provides us with an accurate understanding of your legacy systems, thereby enabling us to develop the strategic direction and business case around renewing existing applications.
2. Business rules mining: Extracts business requirements from software applications, recasting them in natural or formal language, and storing them in a source rule repository or business requirements repository for further analysis or forward engineering.
3. Remediation services: Enhances your applications' functionality, making them easier to maintain and making them part of a highly scalable framework. Remediation seeks to optimize and modernize legacy applications through an evolution to service-oriented architecture, Web front-ends or massive code modifications using tools that industrialize and automate the process.
4. Re-platform services: Allows you to move your applications to newer, less expensive and more efficient technology platforms.
5. Migration services: Lets you migrate to a standards-based environment in a manner that delivers maximum benefits while minimizing disruption to the business.
1. We bring informed perspectives and experience to bear to provide new, cost-efficient ways to host applications (such as cloud computing) and adapt platforms, including mainframe application optimization.
2. We help IT leaders get much more out of their existing systems over the long term while helping to reduce costs and business disruptions.
3. We ease the challenges of moving away from legacy platforms by using proven planning, assessment and diagnostic tools and straightforward migration processes that have worked well with many other organizations.
4. We provide dependable outcomes by listening well and working alongside clients' teams to generate results using thoughtful plans and firm program-management disciplines.
5. Clients see fast results because our application modernization professionals work in flexible teams that can be assembled and deployed rapidly anywhere in the world.
1. IT TCO reduction and mitigation of legacy skills issue.
2. Improved time-to-market for new products and / or services amidst regulatory or compliance changes.
3. Integrated enterprise applications.
4. Ability to add new channel requirements with reuse.
5. Exit from non-strategic and unsupported technologies.
6. Ability to spend more on strategic initiatives, with a modernized portfolio.
7. Preservation of critical business processes from legacy applications.
8. Reduced application portfolio bloat, leading to simplification and standardization.